ASSOCIATION JEAN MONNET
7 chemin du Vieux Pressoir, Houjarray
78490 Bazoches sur Guyonne
+33 (0)1 34 86 12 43
BY CAR (highly recommended)
- From Paris (Porte d’Auteuil), take Autoroute A 13 (direction Rouen).
- At the intersection (Rocquencourt triangle), take A 12 (direction Dreux).
- Go downhill to a four-lane road. Go through a tunnel. After the tunnel, keep right and turn in the direction of Dreux (N12).
- Continue straight ahead for about 10-15 minutes, then leave the N12 and use the exit “Jouars-Pontchartrain”.
- On the first roundabout, follow the direction “Jouars-Pontchartrain”, pass the bridge over the N12, and on the second roundabout, keep the direction “Jouars-Pontchartrain” (D921). After an incline, keep left at the entrance to Pontchartrain. “Maison Jean Monnet” is indicated by a sign wich is difficult to see because it is hidden behind a small rise. Also indicated in the same direction, a sign will mention “Bazoches sur Guyonne”, “Montfort l’Amaury”, “Le Tremblay sur Mauldre”.
- Go downhill in the direction of a château and a roundabout (traffic circle). At the roundabout, in front of the château, turn left (sign “Maison de Jean Monnet”).
- Continue straight ahead for 100 metres (1/6 mile), direction “Maison Jean Monnet”.
- Continue straight ahead for about ten minutes to “Bazoches-sur-Guyonne”. Go through the town. At the exit, take first turn to left (signposted), then follow the signs to the “Maison de Jean Monnet” in about 500 metres (3/10 mile).
Latitude N 48 46.230
Longitude E 1 51.145
Around 45 min by car, 40 km South West of Paris.
The nearest train station is 5,4 km away from the museum.
From Paris-Montparnasse station
Take train line “N” to Montfort l’Amaury – Méré.
From Paris Saint-Lazare station
(via la Défense)
Take train line “L” to La Défense, then train line “U” to Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, then bus n°5 direction Les Mesnuls (Château), get off at the “Bois Mareil” ou “Bazoches Eglise” stop.
From La Défense station
Take train line “U” to Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, then bus n°5 direction “Les Mesnuls (Château)”, get off at the “Bois Mareil” ou “Bazoches Eglise” stop.
HIKING TRAIL (for a cultural walk)
The GR11 path links Bazoches-sur-Guyonne to Les Mesnuls et Montfort-l’Amaury, through “Maison Jean Monnet” and “Maison Louis Carré”.